One of the best reasons to have music playing in the background as you begin to settle your mind through breath and posture is to distract your mind for a few minutes and allow you to place energy into something different and new for a couple minutes. Some people find it incredibly difficult to start meditating without some sort of calming music or sounds of nature in the background because it is just too hard to quiet the mind at first. We all have tried meditation multiple times and given up that same week, but don’t give up! Give yourself another shot at the hugely beneficial exercise. Seek meditation from multiple postures, to locations, to background noises, with people or alone. Eventually one of these pairs or attempts will resonate with you and your grounding in breath with begin to produce huge results.
How long did it take you to start getting comfortable with meditation?
- Tell Me All Your Thoughts On God – Christianity 101
- “Fuck Society” – Mr Robot’s Elliot Alderson Outlines Society’s Blind-spots With Fervor
- Top 25 Regrets I Lived With For The Last 20 Years And Choose Not To Live With Any More
- A Teacher Explains To His Students Just How Privilege Works
- The Landmark Forum – Don’t Do It – Top Five Fails of Landmark Forum
- Can’t Drink Anymore? – You Aren’t Alone – Celebrities That Don’t Drink
- Top 10 Reasons People Don’t Respond to Text Messages