1- All 0r Nothing Thinking
You view a situation in only two categories instead of on a continuum
2- Anticipating Negative Outcomes
You expect that something negative has happened or is going to happen.
A – Fortune Telling – You predict that something negative is going to happen in the future, as if you were gazing into a crystal ball
B – Catastrophizing – You tell yourself that the very worst is happening or is going to happen, without considering other possibilities that may be more likely and/or negative
3- Disqualifying or Discounting the Positive
You unreasonably tell yourself that positive experiences, deeds, or qualities do not count.
4- Emotional Reasoning
You think something must be true because you “feel” (actually, believe) it so strongly, ignoring or discounting evidence to the contrary.
You put a fixed, global label on yourself or others without considering that the evidence might more reasonably lead to a less disastrous conclusion.
6- Mental Filter
You pay undue attention to one negative detail instead of seeing the whole picture.
7- Mind Reading
You believe you know what others are thinking, failing to consider other, more likely, possibilities, and you make no effort to check it out.
You make a sweeping negative conclusion that goes far beyond the current situation.
9- Should and Must Statements
You have a precise, fixed idea of how you or others should behave and you overestimate how bad it is that these expectations are not met.
10- Maladaptive Thoughts
Problematic thoughts that do not contain logical thinking errors. These thoughts may be true. However, dwelling on them makes you feel more anxious and may interfere with your performance.
- Tell Me All Your Thoughts On God – Christianity 101
- “Fuck Society” – Mr Robot’s Elliot Alderson Outlines Society’s Blind-spots With Fervor
- Top 25 Regrets I Lived With For The Last 20 Years And Choose Not To Live With Any More
- A Teacher Explains To His Students Just How Privilege Works
- The Landmark Forum – Don’t Do It – Top Five Fails of Landmark Forum
- Can’t Drink Anymore? – You Aren’t Alone – Celebrities That Don’t Drink
- Top 10 Reasons People Don’t Respond to Text Messages