One of the most difficult things to do is get off pills that adjust your dopamine and serotonin systems. The fear associated with coming off these pills could cause anyone to have a nervous breakdown, but it is possible to live without antidepressants. Dependant on your severity of your mental health there are several solutions people have had great success with coming off of antidepressants. The tapering off your antidepressants is one of the most suggested ways by doctors, at even a slow pace of 5% reduction each week until you are off.
But many people struggle with the withdrawal as the body and mind reconnect themselves naturally and sometimes need natural supplements to ease the pain of transition. Some of the most accessible are, 5-htp, b12, b complex, fish oils, and Omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin D, folic acid, and high doses of vitamin C. The highest quality of the fish oil and omega-3 should be taken if possible for better absorption. Gentle, gentle, remember for most people they have been on the medications for years and need to ease off gently for best results.
As always, I must state I am not a doctor, but rather a well informed student of life seeking alternative solutions to those regularly offered, so please consult your doctor before any changes to your medication.
What are some of your success tips for coming off antidepressants?
- Tell Me All Your Thoughts On God – Christianity 101
- “Fuck Society” – Mr Robot’s Elliot Alderson Outlines Society’s Blind-spots With Fervor
- Top 25 Regrets I Lived With For The Last 20 Years And Choose Not To Live With Any More
- A Teacher Explains To His Students Just How Privilege Works
- The Landmark Forum – Don’t Do It – Top Five Fails of Landmark Forum
- Can’t Drink Anymore? – You Aren’t Alone – Celebrities That Don’t Drink
- Top 10 Reasons People Don’t Respond to Text Messages