For those of you who suffer from chemical imbalance and resist the pharmaceutical solutions offered so easily from any local doctor, there are many other solutions you can begin to work with to feel better. Regardless of what you think or feel, your thoughts direct your feelings. We attach emotions to these thoughts and chose to evoke and dwell on negative thoughts when we are depressed. Most of the time you don’t acknowledge the self talk but it is definitely there. The adjustment to your serotonin or dopamine levels are all very important in feeling better but you can adjust these levels by changing your state and dialogue.
Instead of releasing resentment, fears, abuse that has come up the drugs allow you to have temporary relief from major work that needs to have light shinned on. I have suffered from paralyzing anxiety, panic attacks, and suicidal depression and can relate to the “whats the point anymore thoughts”. I undervalued my internal dialogue and past emotional turmoil as having little impact on my life and found my solution through substance or medication. I wasn’t born with depression or anxiety but through life have adopted mental principles that have side affects of depression and anxiety. Once you take the time to sit and observe your self talk you realize how brutal you are to yourself, but, this can be altered through affirmations.
Is it the one and only solution for your mental state? Maybe, Maybe not, but I can guarantee the affirmation work won’t do you any harm, be patient and open minded.
Have you used affirmations before to change your state?
- Tell Me All Your Thoughts On God – Christianity 101
- “Fuck Society” – Mr Robot’s Elliot Alderson Outlines Society’s Blind-spots With Fervor
- Top 25 Regrets I Lived With For The Last 20 Years And Choose Not To Live With Any More
- A Teacher Explains To His Students Just How Privilege Works
- The Landmark Forum – Don’t Do It – Top Five Fails of Landmark Forum
- Can’t Drink Anymore? – You Aren’t Alone – Celebrities That Don’t Drink
- Top 10 Reasons People Don’t Respond to Text Messages