Throughout life we are all nurtured with varying perspective and beliefs. Eventually we all get to a point where we need to look at some of the habits we have been operating with. Potentially some of the beliefs we carry don’t serve us any more and we begin to create new belief systems that will serve us better in the future.
Let’s say you’re starting a workout. Many people think, “OK, I gotta do this. It’s good for me, I’m way too lazy, I need to burn off my fat, if I do this I’ll feel better about myself.” This is wrong, because then the workout is a chore you have to get through to get the benefits, and so you struggle through this boring, hard, sucky thing in order to get to the goal.
Instead, you can simply think, “I’m allowing myself to do this. It’s a treat.”
And it is. A workout can be a lovely thing, where you feel your body moving, you push against the forces of gravity, you triumph despite the difficulty, you get fresh air and gorgeous nature and you are treating your body and being good to it. This is a rare treat.
Once you shift from “have to” to “allowed to”, you now feel good about the activity. It’s not a chore, but a treat. It’s not something you struggle through to get the benefit — it is the benefit.
Is it time for you to make some changes in your perspective?
- Tell Me All Your Thoughts On God – Christianity 101
- “Fuck Society” – Mr Robot’s Elliot Alderson Outlines Society’s Blind-spots With Fervor
- Top 25 Regrets I Lived With For The Last 20 Years And Choose Not To Live With Any More
- A Teacher Explains To His Students Just How Privilege Works
- The Landmark Forum – Don’t Do It – Top Five Fails of Landmark Forum
- Can’t Drink Anymore? – You Aren’t Alone – Celebrities That Don’t Drink
- Top 10 Reasons People Don’t Respond to Text Messages