Have you ever pondered the length of time that produces the perfect hug? The research has proven it to be at least 6 seconds. This is when oxytocin is released in the brain, making you feel accepted, loved, respected, and connected. It was thought that the majority of oxytocin that was measurable was found in women who were breast feeding. It’s no wonder there is a mother-child connection men will never understand, it is chemically based, not just imagined.
Recently, Dr.Paul Zak, found that there is a huge association with oxytocin and all humans well being, men experience the joys of the release of oxytocin as well and not just with mothers and babies. These ‘trust molecules’ are released in various quantities, dependent of course on the strength of connection with friend, lover, parent. They found that this one isolated hormone is what binds us together as a species and creates lasting long relationships we grow to depend on in life, an internal love glue that holds our relationships together.
Oddly enough, the connections we make throughout social media can also create this release of oxytocin, even if there is no physical touch involved. This helps one to understand some of the reasons why we all feel huge needs to check our Facebook, or Twitter so frequently throughout the day. We are receiving chemical benefits and want more and release of these pleasant feelings associated with oxytocin release!
Do you feel almost addicted to your social media, and wonder why?
- Tell Me All Your Thoughts On God – Christianity 101
- “Fuck Society” – Mr Robot’s Elliot Alderson Outlines Society’s Blind-spots With Fervor
- Top 25 Regrets I Lived With For The Last 20 Years And Choose Not To Live With Any More
- A Teacher Explains To His Students Just How Privilege Works
- The Landmark Forum – Don’t Do It – Top Five Fails of Landmark Forum
- Can’t Drink Anymore? – You Aren’t Alone – Celebrities That Don’t Drink
- Top 10 Reasons People Don’t Respond to Text Messages