We spend far too many hours each week interacting with people that really don’t bring any added value to our lives. For many of us, these relationships have been there since we were young and feel that ” these people will never change, and I accept them the way they are”. Well my friends it is not them that needs to change, it is us who need to separate ourselves from these toxic relationships that garner little support and progress. It is that feeling that you just aren’t comfortable around some friends, like you can’t relax because they are always so negative and full of judgement and that mindset rubs off on yourself.
To really maximize the days, weeks, months, years we have in this life we need to take some time to assess what certain relationships do to us and what are the real benefits of having some of these relationship that we are just comfortable with for so many years and are afraid to let go of. It is a matter of respecting yourself and valuing the idea that you need supportive loving people in your life to motivate you and keep you on that path of progress.
Do you feel like maybe you have to let go of some friends but don’t have the courage to do it yet?
- Tell Me All Your Thoughts On God – Christianity 101
- “Fuck Society” – Mr Robot’s Elliot Alderson Outlines Society’s Blind-spots With Fervor
- Top 25 Regrets I Lived With For The Last 20 Years And Choose Not To Live With Any More
- A Teacher Explains To His Students Just How Privilege Works
- The Landmark Forum – Don’t Do It – Top Five Fails of Landmark Forum
- Can’t Drink Anymore? – You Aren’t Alone – Celebrities That Don’t Drink
- Top 10 Reasons People Don’t Respond to Text Messages