A special treat for those who love numbers =)
|Text Message Time Wasted|
|1 Day||Hours Worked (approx)||Time Spent Texting|
|**assuming 2 week holiday per year|
The amount of time we waste each work day is staggering. Text messaging and social media takes the flow out of our work days, for the simple benefit of ‘staying in touch’. By no means am I saying stop texting and connecting with friends via social media but allocate a certain time of the day for this (right before lunch, or right after). If you are sitting in your chair feeling sorry for yourself today because your boss isn’t nice enough, or you don’t get paid enough, or your friend John got the promotion and not you, why not take this time to put in work and create more value. The edge you gain from being in the creative flow will be much more prosperous for you in the long run. Sitting drowning your sorrows via text message to a friend who should be doing the same really sacrifices more time than we think.
Get started today by making a specific time each day you will have 10 minutes set aside to use social media instead of the various times during the day that interrupts flow and precious focus.
As always, please comment, share, and connect with any of the ideas shared in these posts, building on the knowledge together!
- Tell Me All Your Thoughts On God – Christianity 101
- “Fuck Society” – Mr Robot’s Elliot Alderson Outlines Society’s Blind-spots With Fervor
- Top 25 Regrets I Lived With For The Last 20 Years And Choose Not To Live With Any More
- A Teacher Explains To His Students Just How Privilege Works
- The Landmark Forum – Don’t Do It – Top Five Fails of Landmark Forum
- Can’t Drink Anymore? – You Aren’t Alone – Celebrities That Don’t Drink
- Top 10 Reasons People Don’t Respond to Text Messages