What is the cost associated with someone else telling you what to do each day?
When you wake up in the morning and need a kick start, you may head for a run and do some push-ups. The cost associated with this decision is 0$. But, head down to your local gym and hire a trainer to do the butt kicking for you and that will ring you $150 a month.
If you do freelance blog writing for someone else’s blog, you may be paid about $4 a post. Now if you owned your own site you may earn 10 or 100 times that just because of the following you have developed.
Let’s say you have worked your way into an analyst position at a fortune 500 advertising firm, you are tasked out each week by the VP of your department and you may earn $25 an hour. You perform the majority of the tasks the VP should be doing, and he is the one who gets the credit when the information is presented to the big wigs upstairs! What if you started your own portfolio and developed your own following and branding, how much could you earn then?
You work in mining and are barely making ends meet, versus finding your own mine and the ends are meeting no matter what you buy each month!
The point is you need to make a choice of how much you are willing to give up each week, month and year by passing up on a new life, and battling for what you are really worth (much, much more)!
“We happily give up our freedom and our income in exchange for having someone else take responsibility for telling us what to do next.” – Seth Godin
How are you developing yourself each week to become something greater than you are right now?
- Tell Me All Your Thoughts On God – Christianity 101
- “Fuck Society” – Mr Robot’s Elliot Alderson Outlines Society’s Blind-spots With Fervor
- Top 25 Regrets I Lived With For The Last 20 Years And Choose Not To Live With Any More
- A Teacher Explains To His Students Just How Privilege Works
- The Landmark Forum – Don’t Do It – Top Five Fails of Landmark Forum
- Can’t Drink Anymore? – You Aren’t Alone – Celebrities That Don’t Drink
- Top 10 Reasons People Don’t Respond to Text Messages