With many new concepts of the spiritual and mindset realm I really value the varied approach and interpretation to the new subject I attempt to grasp. It is amazing how the identical concept can be explain in rather similar words but my ability to actually “hear” what is said and register in my mind changes drastically between speakers.
A lot of my problem arises in the “shoot the messenger” prejudice that I place on the speaker subconsciously and I will say to myself I don’t like them for whatever reason. For instance I have difficulty hearing messages being passed on to me from the likes of Bob Proctor (who in fact does have a very solid message and is a knowledgeable successful guy), but he comes across as an arrogant preacher and I it is like my ears turn off. Regardless of the strong beneficial message I could consume from listening to him, my resistance doesn’t allow the message to register. So potentially many of you might suffer from the same dilemma and I took the time to find a new speaker to broadcast similar ideas about the Tao Te Ching.
Have you ever been in a position where you have shot the messenger?
If you prefer the longer review of the text Eckhart speaks on, check out the video below.
- Tell Me All Your Thoughts On God – Christianity 101
- “Fuck Society” – Mr Robot’s Elliot Alderson Outlines Society’s Blind-spots With Fervor
- Top 25 Regrets I Lived With For The Last 20 Years And Choose Not To Live With Any More
- A Teacher Explains To His Students Just How Privilege Works
- The Landmark Forum – Don’t Do It – Top Five Fails of Landmark Forum
- Can’t Drink Anymore? – You Aren’t Alone – Celebrities That Don’t Drink
- Top 10 Reasons People Don’t Respond to Text Messages