Do you find yourself aroused in a high awareness state in anticipation of having to defend yourself from something? You might be experiencing hypervigilance, not to worry you are not alone with these tense emotions. Many people have experience trauma that can scar us for a very long time unless work is done to manage and release some of this emotion baggage.
Disrupting the minds balance and peace is very time consuming and destructive, especially if you are coming home from combat overseas and need some time to connect with family members and friends you haven’t seen for a long time. Hypervigilance can over exaggerate the environment to a place where the safety zone we all seek isn’t felt to be obtainable and you feel always on edge. This is not natural and can be stopped, allowing you more peace throughout your day and less anticipation of negative things to come.
Do you feel like you are always in a place of hypervigilance through your day?
- Tell Me All Your Thoughts On God – Christianity 101
- “Fuck Society” – Mr Robot’s Elliot Alderson Outlines Society’s Blind-spots With Fervor
- Top 25 Regrets I Lived With For The Last 20 Years And Choose Not To Live With Any More
- A Teacher Explains To His Students Just How Privilege Works
- The Landmark Forum – Don’t Do It – Top Five Fails of Landmark Forum
- Can’t Drink Anymore? – You Aren’t Alone – Celebrities That Don’t Drink
- Top 10 Reasons People Don’t Respond to Text Messages