Public speaking is something we all would like to avoid at all cost, but in reality we all have to face this journey once or twice down the road, so why not be prepared. One of the most highly respected places where people go to groom themselves for public speaking is Toastmasters. Many people can feel very comfortable speaking around their peers or classmates, but when it comes to complete strangers they clam up or fumble around due to fears revolving through their head.
Why not just read some books or watch some youtube videos on the topic? Well, like many other things we do in life, the highest level of learning comes from the application of the knowledge in real life settings. Toastmasters meetings allow for yourself to make mistakes and have others guide you through the mistakes and refine the product to an award winning solution. The ability of people to transfer information vocally is a serious asset and opens up many doors in life, why not start gaining some insight into the realm of public speaking and start your journey with Toastmasters today. I write this having yet gone to a meeting but have taken some time to review what they offer and will be attending my first meeting this evening. I look forward to fellowship and learning in a some what safe environment.
Have you gone to Toastmasters before?
- Tell Me All Your Thoughts On God – Christianity 101
- “Fuck Society” – Mr Robot’s Elliot Alderson Outlines Society’s Blind-spots With Fervor
- Top 25 Regrets I Lived With For The Last 20 Years And Choose Not To Live With Any More
- A Teacher Explains To His Students Just How Privilege Works
- The Landmark Forum – Don’t Do It – Top Five Fails of Landmark Forum
- Can’t Drink Anymore? – You Aren’t Alone – Celebrities That Don’t Drink
- Top 10 Reasons People Don’t Respond to Text Messages