Merry Christmas to all!!
As the year comes closer to an end it is vital to review where you are struggling, and what lessons you have learned throughout the year. How have you learned from these precious experiences, whether it be with loved ones, work, social life, health, investments, etc? How did you go about correcting the problem?; was it listening, speaking, writing, teaching?
The importance of valuing each learning experience can help you understand why you forget some skills and knowledge base quickly. We tend to go to seminars and listen with 100% of our heart and mind and take a few notes, but constantly come home and forget some points that were made and wish you could have the information on audio, or video to review at your pleasure. Why is that?, well as Tony explains we don’t even soak up 50% of what we have heard or written down, the value comes from teaching and activating the learned information by activating the central nervous system, so we get an almost emotion connection with the new information our minds are attempting to process and store.
Do you find that teaching facts or findings to other people helps to cement something you have learned in your memory better than just listening, reading, and writing the information down ?
- Tell Me All Your Thoughts On God – Christianity 101
- “Fuck Society” – Mr Robot’s Elliot Alderson Outlines Society’s Blind-spots With Fervor
- Top 25 Regrets I Lived With For The Last 20 Years And Choose Not To Live With Any More
- A Teacher Explains To His Students Just How Privilege Works
- The Landmark Forum – Don’t Do It – Top Five Fails of Landmark Forum
- Can’t Drink Anymore? – You Aren’t Alone – Celebrities That Don’t Drink
- Top 10 Reasons People Don’t Respond to Text Messages