One of the most beneficial exercises to guide the mind is meditation. It is only through stillness of mind that allows for decisions to be made of earnest desire. Most of the time we are subconscious reacting to situations out of fear, or other distracting mental cues. Giving yourself even 10 minutes a day to center yourself in breath will add that more clarity to your day and balance.
Although like trying to build a strong bench press at the gym takes time, so does perfecting the correct postures and breathing techniques for meditation. Just because you aren’t an expert at the start doesn’t mean you can give up after a couple of weeks and throw in the towel, confessing no solution with its use. It is very common to feel resistance to meditation because we seek some sort of drastic moment of change, when really its a slow process that takes time to effect, but well worth the practice.
What kind of growth have you experienced with regular meditation?
- Tell Me All Your Thoughts On God – Christianity 101
- “Fuck Society” – Mr Robot’s Elliot Alderson Outlines Society’s Blind-spots With Fervor
- Top 25 Regrets I Lived With For The Last 20 Years And Choose Not To Live With Any More
- A Teacher Explains To His Students Just How Privilege Works
- The Landmark Forum – Don’t Do It – Top Five Fails of Landmark Forum
- Can’t Drink Anymore? – You Aren’t Alone – Celebrities That Don’t Drink
- Top 10 Reasons People Don’t Respond to Text Messages