For those who take the time to really seek background info about the books they love, let’s examine an author who believes she is much closer to God than the rest of us, Kathleen McGowan.
Claiming to the world that she is in direct line from Jesus Chris and Mary Magdalene, she went on a 15 year quest between 1989 – 2005 to have her ideas formulated in a book called “The Expected One“. Her more famous work that has gathered more attention is “The Book of Love” , which is also a fictional in nature, based on unfounded scriptures Jesus Christ orchestrated that have been lost and recently translated by her work. This lost knowledge is then shown to somehow directly link her to have lineage of the holy bloodline. This is completely debatable, but leaves for an interesting read.
The more important thing you need to consider about Kathleen is her brilliant persistence in her work. To have fully committed to a book as a ‘nobody’ and no previous experience as an author is very daunting. It took 15 years of relentless determination to make her dream become a reality. How many people do you know would self promote an idea and concept that is so highly questionable and stick with it. She would have been rejected over and over again for her work but finally broke through in 2006-2007 when the book was republished and attracted mainstream attention.
Her story may be somewhat far fetched, but her determination is powerful beyond measure. I tip my hat to you and your work Kathleen and hope you continue to produce more fictional characters that can capture the attention of the masses! For more information on Kathleen McGowan, check out her website here.
What are you braving today that others won’t do?
- Tell Me All Your Thoughts On God – Christianity 101
- “Fuck Society” – Mr Robot’s Elliot Alderson Outlines Society’s Blind-spots With Fervor
- Top 25 Regrets I Lived With For The Last 20 Years And Choose Not To Live With Any More
- A Teacher Explains To His Students Just How Privilege Works
- The Landmark Forum – Don’t Do It – Top Five Fails of Landmark Forum
- Can’t Drink Anymore? – You Aren’t Alone – Celebrities That Don’t Drink
- Top 10 Reasons People Don’t Respond to Text Messages