Some times we get stuck in dark place of bad habits. One of the easiest ways to liberate your psyche from the dark-side of the moon is to pick up a book.
Some of the most brilliant leaders in all of history have taking the time to self-educate themselves out of the ordinary and into a life of pure excellence.
One of the easiest compact reads that explores the insight of these leaders in quote form is “Books Are Tremendous” by Charlie Tremendous Jones. I am in no way affiliated with the sale of this book but can attest to the great value of the quotes held within. For Less than $2 I would highly suggest picking up a copy and utilizing it as a reference for the importance of reading in life! We aren’t all gifted with a life of brilliance at a young age but through self education there are very few limits that can’t be reached. Take the time to invest in yourself and read your way into a different life.
Brilliant Quotes About Reading
- “Books have meant to my life what the sun has meant to the planet” – Earl Nightingale
- “The more we read the more we believe, the more we believe the more we hope, the more we hope the more we pray, the more we pray the more we love, the more we love the more we labor” – Mrs. Charles E. Cowman
- “I would rather be a poor man in a garret with plenty of books than a king who did not love reading” – T.B. Macaulay
- “A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read” – Mark Twain
- “A man’s reading program should be as carefully planned as his daily diet, for that too is food, without which he cannot grow mentally” – Andrew Carnegie
- “Some books leave us free and some books make us free” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Setting aside just 15 minutes a day will enable you to read up to two dozen books in a year. Keep it up and you will have read 1,000 books in your lifetime. That’s the equivalent of going through college five times.” – G. Gordan, American Library Assn.
- “Books are the compasses and telescopes and sextants and charts which other men have prepared to help us navigate the dangerous seas of human life” – Jesse Lee Bennett
- “A blessed companion is a book — a book that, fitly chosen, is a lifelong friend, … a book that, at a touch, pours its heart into our own” – Douglas Jerrold
- ” The greatest part of a writer’s time is spent in reading, in order to write; a man will turn over half a library to make one book” – Samuel Johnson
What are you reading today?