One of the easiest ways for airlines to maximize their profit stream is to get more people seated on every single one of their flights, maximizing every take off and landing.
How should airlines maximize shareholder value for the years to come? Change the size and efficiency of the planes? Absolutely not, that strategy would cost more money! Enough with the big picture thinking my friend and apply some quick quarterly solution tactics, lets make some magic here!
Yes, you guested it, add more seats to the already crowded cabin. Make the flying experience even more stressful than it already is for the passengers seated in coach.
Airline executives follow the new-age farming approach and want to maximize their yield each season, what’s so wrong with that? Well I guess the easy question you need to ask yourself is this…. are coach passengers cattle or good old fashion human beings?
Should we leap with excitement at the $50 savings we receive from the cramped experience on our next flight and ignore our basic needs of personal space?
The solution, said Mr. Clark at Emirates, is to offer distractions like big meals, frequent snacks and lots of electronic entertainment.
“With food and TV,” said Mr. Clark at Emirates, “people are mesmerized.”
Sounds like the executives at Emirates and many other global carriers of new-age steerage have really got us figured out. Feed us a smile with a small package of crisps and a soda and we are good to go. A good dose of smoke and mirrors never hurt anyone, did it?
Allow me to draw the correlation for you of coach passengers and the new age approach to cattle farming, I mean…. profit maximization. Ring the alarm bells my friends, enough is enough!
The Future of Flying
- Tell Me All Your Thoughts On God – Christianity 101
- “Fuck Society” – Mr Robot’s Elliot Alderson Outlines Society’s Blind-spots With Fervor
- Top 25 Regrets I Lived With For The Last 20 Years And Choose Not To Live With Any More
- A Teacher Explains To His Students Just How Privilege Works
- The Landmark Forum – Don’t Do It – Top Five Fails of Landmark Forum
- Can’t Drink Anymore? – You Aren’t Alone – Celebrities That Don’t Drink
- Top 10 Reasons People Don’t Respond to Text Messages