Clearing away resentment? What does that even mean? I don’t think I’m an angry person why do I need to clear away resentment? All questions that race through my head when talking about resentment. I think it is human to carry resentment, we judge and criticize automatically through life daily. Whether you are holding anger because someone chuck in front of you in a line, or some loved one cheated on you both are internally damaging to be holding on to.
The whole idea of “to err is to be human” so forgiveness needs to be paired with this term if we are to live with any sense of peace. It is like giving you the yin and not the yang, there is no whole to the concept. You need to forgive people not for their sake and well being but for yours, the negative energy is toxic. In the forgiveness recognize that we all have done similar things and probably will in the future, see that your ego is being hurt and that it is okay and does not impact your life on any serious survival levels. Once you can reduce the importance of yourself and the hurt ego they whole scene in your head can take on a different perspective, a much lighter one with less emotional pain connected to the situation. What is your part of the situation, did you add or take away to the energy of the situation? This helps you have even less tension towards to person if you can find some fault of your own reaction to the problem happening in the first place. It is simply an exercise to take one brick down from the wall at a time and slowly the barrier fades and you feel better!
Do you release resentment regularly to help reduce stress?
- Tell Me All Your Thoughts On God – Christianity 101
- “Fuck Society” – Mr Robot’s Elliot Alderson Outlines Society’s Blind-spots With Fervor
- Top 25 Regrets I Lived With For The Last 20 Years And Choose Not To Live With Any More
- A Teacher Explains To His Students Just How Privilege Works
- The Landmark Forum – Don’t Do It – Top Five Fails of Landmark Forum
- Can’t Drink Anymore? – You Aren’t Alone – Celebrities That Don’t Drink
- Top 10 Reasons People Don’t Respond to Text Messages