Groupthink is a plague that lurks through society and works so powerfully through our subconscious thinking. Constantly individuals calculate answers, reviewing their environment, peers, social setting, doing an almost cost benefit analysis on decisions before vocalizing their beliefs. It is so rare that people just let lose and respond without the calculation of potential impact of judgement. Rather than standing out for something different than the crowd we hide in it. We react as our peers do, and make choices on appeasing others, rather than our own intelligent thought.
Do you ever sit and ask yourself, why did I do that, or why didn’t I stand up for myself? It is like we are hardwired to avoid risk, even if it is simply disagreement on miniscule decision making. This video gives you a little bit of insight to these choices we all seem to make. You are not alone in this internal pressure to act in accordance to your peers or social setting, but it sure does not make it right. Take a stand for the individual inside, and adjust the moral compass to support your choices that may contradict others, it is empowering!
What are some of your experiences with conformity?
- Tell Me All Your Thoughts On God – Christianity 101
- “Fuck Society” – Mr Robot’s Elliot Alderson Outlines Society’s Blind-spots With Fervor
- Top 25 Regrets I Lived With For The Last 20 Years And Choose Not To Live With Any More
- A Teacher Explains To His Students Just How Privilege Works
- The Landmark Forum – Don’t Do It – Top Five Fails of Landmark Forum
- Can’t Drink Anymore? – You Aren’t Alone – Celebrities That Don’t Drink
- Top 10 Reasons People Don’t Respond to Text Messages