The weakness that comes to mind when you have to forgive someone makes me sick sometimes, letting go of something we can capture and hold on to for years, and are then presented with a turning point to let something go. IT’S HARD, but why?. It’s hard because we have become so associated with these ugly dirty feelings that resonate sometimes so deeply within us. The whole idea of, “well they hurt me and I can never forget that” comes to mind and we stick to the emotions and situation like glue without thinking of the detriment it is causing inside.
The defence mechanism of holding a grudge is something we can all relate to, but why do we do it? I think we do it because we really just don’t know any better, and are not aware of the consequences of the costly mistake of holding on to the resentment. It takes some serious self awareness to know the depth that these resentments take hold of your emotions and that takes time and practice to get there. But once you are at a place of recognizing the resentment is there, it is time to take action. Do yourself a favor and begin to steps it takes to let go, and clear yourself of that toxic energy.
Do you have any great experiences of letting go of a long term resentment?
- Tell Me All Your Thoughts On God – Christianity 101
- “Fuck Society” – Mr Robot’s Elliot Alderson Outlines Society’s Blind-spots With Fervor
- Top 25 Regrets I Lived With For The Last 20 Years And Choose Not To Live With Any More
- A Teacher Explains To His Students Just How Privilege Works
- The Landmark Forum – Don’t Do It – Top Five Fails of Landmark Forum
- Can’t Drink Anymore? – You Aren’t Alone – Celebrities That Don’t Drink
- Top 10 Reasons People Don’t Respond to Text Messages