What is a goal? Why do we need goes? Why do we set goals? Who really sets goals anyways? Growing up we set goals like buying a bike with a paper route money or doing work around the house, then we age a little and larger goals come into the picture like cars, then life takes us on a few up and goes paths and finally we strive to be home owners, and the goals and visions broaden. Were you capable of setting a home as a goal when you first wanted a bike? sure you could have. But most likely your environment wasn’t at a place where a kids ownership competition was home ownership with his peers, it was a new bmx. It was the simple motivating factors at the time were completely different.
We steam through life without serious connection with what is driving our wants. We go after those expensive jeans or shoes because that is what people see as desirable at the time, and if we want to have that image we strive to acquire products that stereotype that image. Guess what? it all fades and the motives refine again for what we think the perfect ideal again. Monitoring who, what, why you are being influenced to chase after different goals is hugely important. Are the goals selfish, shallow, external? Do you set your eyes on the prize for a journey, or is it just to get to point b. Not that material based goals are all bad, and unworthy to follow, but adjust your motives for goals to get that huge passion and energy to accomplish even bigger tasks that you thought you couldn’t handle before, simply because of the why.
How many times have you failed before reaching big milestones? How much persistence was needed?
- Tell Me All Your Thoughts On God – Christianity 101
- “Fuck Society” – Mr Robot’s Elliot Alderson Outlines Society’s Blind-spots With Fervor
- Top 25 Regrets I Lived With For The Last 20 Years And Choose Not To Live With Any More
- A Teacher Explains To His Students Just How Privilege Works
- The Landmark Forum – Don’t Do It – Top Five Fails of Landmark Forum
- Can’t Drink Anymore? – You Aren’t Alone – Celebrities That Don’t Drink
- Top 10 Reasons People Don’t Respond to Text Messages